Sunday, 7 December 2014

They Paved Paradise And Put Up A Parking Lot

Those of you who know me in the Real World will know I'm a bit an activist. That's actually like saying Lady Gaga is a bit out there or that Australian summers are warm. I have causes close to my heart and I'm happy to soapbox about them anytime of the day or night. Better still, I actually do something to fight for what I believe in. In the seventeen hundreds Irish Statesman Edmund Burke said that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

I've tried to keep this blog apolitical and rant free, but this weekend the Brashness and I attended a rally on the Gold Coast to protect our Broadwater area from development. You can Google for yourself what the Queensland governments, both local and state, have planned for this pristine endangered bird and wildlife habitat. Or you can just click here.

I have shown you multiple times in this blog what an amazing piece of paradise I live in here on the Gold Coast. Our beautiful waterways should stay untouched. The people of the Gold Coast, the intelligent, thinking, locals who have researched the issue and made it past all the bluster and propaganda of the politicians, do not want this development.

Put simply, as citizens of conscience we cannot allow this area to be destroyed. Enough is enough.

Here's a few images from today's rally; you can decide for yourself what the mood of the people is toward the prevailing government.






 So good men (and women) of the world, please do something; actually stand up for whatever it is YOU believe in.







 Don't just like it on Facebook or shout at the television between sips of Fanta. Put up, or shut up.











Yours can be a whisper or a shout, a tweet or a tome, but please make your voice heard. 













 If we don't add our voices together I guarantee you, evil will triumph.

If you'd like to see all the images from today's rally, please click here. If you or anyone you know is in these photos, please feel free to download and share them. Please credit Shot By A Ferrett if the image is used.


No comments: